Nine tips for closing up your cabin for the off-season
Oct 12, 2019 02:26PM
● By Editor
From Edina Realty - Posted: October 12, 2019
Follow these nine steps as you close up your cabin for the winter:
- Bring in the dock. You may have to hire some help.
- Winterize the boat yourself, or take it to your local marina.
- Dry out and store fabric accessories (life jackets and cushions).
- Check your windows for air leaks.
- Check rafters and eaves for critter entry points.
- Bleed the pipes and shut off the water supply.
- Vacuum and check the furnace.
- Unplug every appliance, big and small.
- Hire a caretaker to check in while you’re gone