10 Ways to Stay Healthy During Cold and Flu Season
Oct 27, 2018 06:36AM
● By Editor
From UW Health physicians to Wisconsin's Department of Health and Family Services to the national Centers for Disease Control, the experts agree - the best way to combat the flu this season is through preventive measures.
Getting flu vaccine is your best defense, but you may also use the following 10 tips to fight the flu this year:
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, being with ill people and especially before you eat
- Avoid sharing objects
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes
- Get enough sleep and avoid getting "run down"
- Reduce stress
- Use tissues for coughs and sneezes and dispose of them immediately and appropriately
- Eat right and get regular exercise
- Avoid crowds and keep your distance from people whom you know are ill
- If you are sick, avoid contact with the frail, very young and elderly
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school