Report a crime through Crime Stoppers Minnesota
Jan 27, 2018 10:40AM
● By Editor
Report Crime Information Anonymously Without Fear of RetaliationCrime Stoppers of Minnesota provides a safe place for citizens to provide anonymous information about crime and fugitives. We’ll deliver your information to the proper authorities to investigate without revealing your identity. If the information you provided leads to an arrest, you may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Report a crime by calling this number: 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)
Submit a tip by following this link: https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=674&C=333333
Your contact with us is anonymous. You may be eligible to receive a reward of up to $1,000.You can report on crimes or fugitives you have knowledge about, whether or not it has been in the news or on this site.
Phone - Call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
- Toll free from anywhere in Minnesota and parts of Wisconsin
- Answered 24/7 by live person
- We do not record caller ID
- We don't ask for your name
- We accept and translate calls in different languages
- Each caller is given their own unique Tip ID which allows them to provide additional information or for checking on the status for receiving a reward
- A Web Tip Information Form will appear
- Select the language needed - Spanish, French, Somali or English
- You will be assigned a unique Tip ID for your tip
- Create your own personal password
- We do not track or record Internet URL or email address information
- Provide additional information to the tip at any time using your Tip ID
- You may receive questions from Crime Stoppers which are also anonymous to clarify information or get more details for law enforcement
Mobile - App
- FREE App available through either the Apple or Android stores
- Install the App as directed
- Follow the directions given on the App
To qualify for a reward from Crime Stoppers of Minnesota:
Your information must be submitted directly to Crime Stoppers of Minnesota through a phone call to our toll-free phone number, our online web tip form, or by using our mobile TipSubmit App before the suspect referred has been arrested.
Crime Stoppers of Minnesota only offers rewards of up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest in a criminal case, or that leads to the capture of a wanted fugitive. Our payment of a reward is not limited to just cases highlighted on our website or reported in the media.
The actual amount of the reward paid is based on factors that consider the usefulness of the tip as reported to us by the arresting authority, the level of crime, the responsiveness of the tipster and several other factors that are consistently evaluated and applied by the Board of Directors of Crime Stoppers of Minnesota.
Supplemental reward amounts (reward amounts offered by 3rd party organizations or people, that are in addition to or in association with the $1,000 offered by Crime Stoppers of Minnesota) will be calculated using the same method of evaluation unless specifically stated otherwise in that specific reward offer.
Crime Stoppers of Minnesota does not control supplemental reward funds nor sets the guidelines for how long those rewards will be honored. Supplemental rewards can have expiration dates and specific rules.
Crime Stoppers of Minnesota can not be responsible for how our offer of a reward is re-stated or re-worded by other 3rd parties such as newspapers, law enforcement or electronic media. The only reward offer we will honor is specified here.
Notification that a reward is due to the tipster will be made by Crime Stoppers confidentially to the tipster after we receive information from the arresting authority and after the Board of Directors makes its reward determination.
A reward authorized for payment will only remain eligible for collection for 90 calendar days from the date we send the notification of that reward payment being available. After that 90 day period, our reward offer will expire. Offered money will then be returned to the Crime Stoppers of Minnesota reward fund to be reused for future rewards in different cases.
After the reward offer has expired, no reward amount will be paid to the tipster.